4.24.2009

Fight Back Friday. Whole Food Cheeze Crackers


When you have little ones underfoot, you tend to get creative. And making a controlled mess in the kitchen is preferred to an uncontrolled mess all over the house. Especially when it's rainy.

A few weeks back, I made a recipe for cheese crackers. I think they taste so much better than the kind you get in a box. And it was fun to make too.

Here's the recipe:

2 cups grated cheese
6 T whole grain wheat flour
1 T olive oil
1/2 t salt
1 T cold water
paprika

Mix the ingredients to a stiff dough. Roll out very very thin and bake for 5 minutes at 450 degrees.

I'd like to try using rice flour to make them gluten free, and I think experimenting with the cheeses would be fun too. You could get really creative with the extra seasoning too...herbs, spices. Yum!



For more food tips, check out Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade.

2 comments:

vehementflame said...

I made wheat thins a couple of weeks ago and my husband keeps begging me to make them again!Our recipe came fro King Arthur FLour whole grain baking cookbook. They have a cheese cracker recipe too!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Cheese crackers. CHEESE!

Thanks for sharing this with us today.

Cheers,
KristenM
(AKA FoodRenegade)