1.17.2009

hymn ponderings

As I have written previously, there is a special place in my heart for hymns.

This particular one is a favorite. It was learned while studying with Bible Study Fellowship International.

But I know Whom I have believed, And am persuaded that He is able To keep that which I've committed Unto Him against that day.

I know not when my Lord may come, At night or noonday fair, Nor if I walk the vale with Him, Or meet Him in the air.

But I know Whom I have believed, And am persuaded that He is able To keep that which I've committed Unto Him against that day.

While in college, the Lord arranged my schedule each year (except while student teaching) so that I could participate in this study. It laid a foundation for my faith. Encouraged to have daily fellowship with the Lord, encouraged by many older ladies who poured out love and wisdom, I flourished in the surrounding.

During this emotionally overwhelming time, I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able!

No comments: