12.26.2008

I had a wonderful Christmas week. For the first time in over 20 years, I talked to the two people who brought me into this world. Each coversation lasted 1 1/2 hour, plus. Wow... and it seemed as if it wasn't even 20 minutes. And where does the conversation end? There's so much to say- a lifetime of news to share, feelings to relate, wounds to heal, future hopes to share. HOw does that get accomplished in a brief phone coversation?

It doesn't, which is why I am hopeful for a future. I am hopeful that we will continue to share, to grow, to bond as we never had before. My father told me he missed me much more than he realized. And my mother just couldn't bring herself to say goodbye.

This is really stretching my definition of mother and father. There is so much that I just don't know anymore.

God has much in store for us, and I am looking forward to seeing these relationships come to fruition. I never thought I'd be here, but I am glad I decided to come.

No comments: