4.05.2009

Sunday Hymn Pondering Happy Palm Sunday!


Hosanna, Loud Hosanna
The youtube link is a little longer this week, but it is a fantastic organ arrangement. As I have previously mentioned here, I grew to know and love Jesus in singing these hymns. It was by a magnificent pipe organ that I learned them, so I especially like this video.

Easter has long been my favorite time of year. Good things happen in the spring. My birthday, for one.

It's these Easter hymns though, that taught me the most about the Christian faith. That Christ would willingly suffer, sacrifice himself because He loves us. My husband has commented before that true love is sacrificial love. Christ showed us the example of this love. That is what this week holds.

Before that could happen, an 'exultant crowd,' the author writes, reigned him King. He is Lord. Lord of heaven, Lord of hearts, and Praise Him today, this special day with all your heart and voice.

I have pre-written posts this week. A hymn each day for this holy week. I'll keep the anecdotes to myself and put my focus, my voice, my heart solely on Him. Join me.

The lyrics:

Hosanna, loud hosanna, the little children sang;
Through pillared court and temple the lovely anthem rang.
To Jesus, Who had blessed them close folded to His breast,
The children sang their praises, the simplest and the best.
From Olivet they followed mid an exultant crowd,
The victor palm branch waving, and chanting clear and loud.
The Lord of men and angels rode on in lowly state,
Nor scorned that little children should on His bidding wait.
“Hosanna in the highest!” that ancient song we sing,
For Christ is our Redeemer, the Lord of heaven our King.
O may we ever praise Him with heart and life and voice,
And in His blissful presence eternally rejoice!

No comments: