3.28.2009

The Locator Episode 1

I just watched the first episode of Season 2 on my DVR.

And let me just say. Sometimes I am sad over my childhood experiences. My whole world was rocked the summer I was seven. I was removed from the people who loved and cherished me and given a brand new family. They did their best to care for me and give me the things I needed. But they just didn't 'get' me. And they didn't try. So, I complain. And after seeing this, I see I have so much to be greatful for.

The first part of the episode, a young woman, near to my age is seeking her mother. She also had been adopted as an older child, along with a sibling, in the late 80's. Troy finds the mother, and after quite a bit of work too. The mother wants nothing to do with her children, and it is just so sad.

I am so thankful that my parents want to know me, that they care about who I've become, that they still love me. Wow. I am blessed.

The second part is a group of sisters. They had been split up in foster care after their mother could not care for them any longer. The four sisters are looking for a fifth sister, and Troy finds them and it is wonderful.

As dificult as it was for my siblings and I, it was so good for us to be able to continue growing up together. Though we went through some rocky times and our relationships crumbled, God is putting us back together. He is setting us up on a new foundation, one that is Jesus Christ, so that we can forever be bonded together in His love. It doesn't get any better than that.

We are spread out by many miles now, but we all can be together again for one weekend this Easter. And that is so good.

No comments: