3.21.2009

She Speaks...


Thanks to Moriah for the post about this opportunity...

There is a She Speaks Conference going on at the end of the summer and Proverbs 31 Ministries is providing an all expense paid (except travel) scholarship for one blessed blogger to attend.

She Speaks is a conference for women writers and speakers. They encourage and equip women to share the word of God, sharing Jesus with the world.

From their website:
It is our prayer that during this year’s conference, God will validate old dreams and inspire new ones.

This is where I get all giddy. You see it's long been my dream to speak to other women about my Lord and how He has changed my life. I've written some about my experiences early in life, but there is so much more. And it has been my hope that God would use these experiences to change the life of another, to show another about the love that is in Christ Jesus. I've attended Women of Faith conferences and thought, 'That could be me... I could be there on that stage, used by God, inspiring women with my story of faith.' But, I don't know where to begin. There is so much I could learn here.

Even if the speaking bit is a dream to be realized years from now, there is also much to be learned about the world of blogging. Transforming my blog from a personal account of what the Lord is teaching me to a story that impacts others would be no less amazing and wonderful.

Also, I have only just started this blog of mine, but I have been inspired by the likes of BooMama who will be speaking there! It'd be so fun to hear her speak.


Finally, thank you so very much for the opportunity to win a scholarship!

If you'd like to read a bit more about me, please read my more insightful posts:

The closet in my heart

How Great Thou Art

I love Jesus

I was adopted

Fears, Connections and Commitments












1 comment:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I too am giddy at the opportunity and think there are so many woman in this contest who are so worthy!

Praying for your dreams & good luck in the contest!

Have a blessed and beautiful day!